WHAT WE DO
Finding Answers Today and Preparing for Tomorrow
As a network of historically black colleges and universities dedicated to providing educational opportunity for all through innovative scientific research and community-minded extension programs, the 1890 Land-Grant universities are...
- Providing relevant and distinctive teaching programs for a broad spectrum of students, but particularly for first generation college students and those who have limited opportunities.
- Addressing health disparities and obesity prevention
- Enhancing capacity, marketability, profitability, sustainability and diversity in agricultural enterprises for small and limited resource operations
- Engaging young people through leadership development and 4-H and in programs and activities that enhance their understanding and interest in STEM education and careers
- Developing and expanding national and international access to sufficient, safe and nutritious food
- Enhancing the resilience of families, individuals and communities for upward social and economic mobility
- Engaging individuals and communities in environmental stewardship
- Conducting cutting-edge research to generate new knowledge and solutions to global challenges